I never thought about rituals before. When I think of them, I think about standing and spinning twice clockwise and four times counter-clockwise. Or hop seven times, drink one sip of coffee, clap your hands three times and run around your chair once.
However, as I thought about it I realized I do have a few.
* Something to drink – usually water or coffee (a full glass or cup - not half-full)
* Having read my Bible and written in my journal
* Having checked and responded to my email (I don’t get a lot, but...)
* Having checked and posted to both of my Facebook accounts
* Having everything set out and ready – my mechanical pencil, Blistex, phone, and tablet or scratch paper
* Checking my website, www.deekincade.com, site stats
So really, I don’t have any rituals. Right?
Well, maybe I do have one.
Hey, my writing friend poked her nose in and said I have more than one!
Humph! Not me. I can’t wait to see her list.
I wonder. Does it count if I’m trying to start a new early morning habit? Probably not because it’s not a ritual, it’s a habit I’m trying to start. I’m working really hard to remember to exercises before I start writing. If I don’t do them early, I will not do them, at all.